Care for Kids
Resources for family child care providers
What Are the Benefits?
Starting a Family Child Care Business
In Hawaii, more than half of all mothers work outside the home. That means there is an urgent need for high quality child care. If you love working with young children and want to put your creative, nurturing and organizational skills to work – consider becoming a family child care provider. You’ll find it is some of the most important, rewarding work to be found.
PATCH can help you become a family child care provider
- Assisting you in becoming licensed by the State of Hawaii
- Guiding you on setting up your child care business
- Giving you information on child development, nutrition, health and safety issues
- Giving you information about resources available to providers, such as the USDA Child Care Food Program that assists in paying for meals served in daycare
- Referring parents who are looking for child care to your business